Sunday, March 16, 2008

Feiglin Not Interested in Flying to England

After publication of the British Home Office letter barring Moshe Feiglin from entering England, Manhigut Yehudit has received tens of indignant expressions of support from the entire Jewish world. Currently, Moshe Feiglin is the only politician in Israel who has merited this privilege. "The British, who completely succumbed to extreme Muslim violence, have apparently identified the man most significant to the struggle against this spreading evil," Moshe Feiglin commented on Israels Channel 10.

In response to the Home Office letter, Moshe Feiglin wrote as follows:

25 Adar I, 5768
March 3, 08

To the British Government
Home Office
Border and Immigration Agency

Two months ago, I received a letter from your office in which you stated that I am not welcome in your country. As I was under the impression that the letter was a practical joke, I attempted to clarify its authenticity before I replied. Now that I have ascertained that the letter is indeed authentic, I wish to make a few points:

1. I did not request entry into Britain and I have no immediate plans to do so.
2. It would be proper to investigate the reasons for this strange initiative against a political figure in Israel. This initiative constitutes yet another example of European interference in Israels internal affairs.
3. Being that infamous terrorists such as Ibrahim Moussaui of the Hizbollah are actually most welcome in Britain, while I -- who have never harmed anyone - am not, I understand that your policy is to encourage and support terror.
4. As is clarified in your letter, the basis for your decision is material that I had written years ago citing the necessity to fight Arab terrorists and my analysis of the culture from which terror grows. Among other facts, you quote my article in which I wrote that "The Arab is not the son of the desert, but rather, its father."
For your information, that quote was taken directly from the book "The Desert Yesterday and Today" written by none other than British High Commissioner of Sinai, Sir Claude Jarvis in 1938.
5. Considering the moral depths to which your nation has sunk, I find your letter most complimentary. It is a great honor for me to join the illustrious list of former prime ministers of Israel, Menachem Begin and Yitzchak Shamir, who also received similar letters from your offices.

Sincerely,

Moshe Feiglin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,
I used to love Bibi Netanyahu. But the ban by Jacqui Smith has inadvertently shot Moshe Feiglin into the limelight. If the hard Left has him in their sights, I would say he's something extraordinary. After posting on this last week, I was visited at my blog by Rob Muchnick, your US representative who pointed me back to this site.
After reading this excellent rebuttal, I've posted on Moshe Feiglin again here.

I would just like to say that I believe the mean-spirited ban by Jacqui Smith was perhaps in G_d's plan because I see Mr Feiglin as a kind of David to Bibi Netanyahu's Saul. Perhaps this is G_d's hour for this man that Israel so desperately needs right now.
I for one am keeping my eye on him and will keep our readers informed. We have an average of one thousand hits a day and often people link to our stories.
I hope we can get the truth out about Israel.
Shalom,
Aurora (a Jew at heart).