Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Police Condition not to Allow me on the Temple Mount with a Group Violates Knesset Sovereignty


By Moshe Feiglin

I was supposed to go up to the Temple Mount tomorrow, as I do on the 19th of every Hebrew month. A short while ago, a senior police officer informed me that the police have decided to separate me from the other visitors to the Mount. It is difficult to think of a more serious violation of the democratic principle ( and of the agreements between the Speaker of the Knesset and the police command) than  separating an elected official from the public. The police decision is not based on operational considerations; it is apparently a simple surrender to the demands of the Moslem wakf.
I cannot agree to the police conditions, which make a mockery of the very essence of my public role as an elected official. Under these circumstances, I will sorrowfully not be going to the Temple Mount tomorrow. I have already contacted the Speaker of the Knesset and the Knesset Legal Adviser. My feeling is that  it is clear to all that this is a clear violation of the sovereignty of the Knesset. I do not intend to give up, and will continue to act on every front to restore Jewish sovereignty to the Temple Mount.

No comments: